Doctrines & Beliefs
We preach Christ's birth, baptism, teachings, crucifixion, resurrection, ascension, second coming, millennial reign, White Throne judgment, and the new heaven and the new earth when He will have put all enemies under His feet, and the redeemed will reign with Him for all eternity.
We believe in the divine inspiration of the Bible, and endorse all the teachings contained therein. Following is a summary of the basic tenets of our faith:
- THE DIVINE TRINITY consists of three Persons: God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Ghost, perfectly united as one. Matthew 3:16, 17; I John 5:7.
- REPENTANCE is a godly sorrow for sin with a renunciation of sin. Isaiah 55:7; Matthew 4:17.
- JUSTIFICATION or SALVATION is the act of God's grace whereby we receive forgiveness for sins and stand before God as though we had never sinned. Romans 5:1; 2 Corinthians 5:17.
- SANCTIFICATION or HOLINESS the act of God's grace whereby we are made holy, is the second definite work and is subsequent to justification. John 17:15-21; Hebrews 13:12.
- THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY GHOST is the enduement of power from on high upon the clean, sanctified life, and is evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance. John 14:16, 17, 26; Acts 1:5-8; 2:1-4.
- DIVINE HEALING of sickness is provided through the atonement. James 5:14-16; 1 Peter 2:24.
- THE SECOND COMING OF JESUS will be just as literal and visible as His going away. Acts 1:9-11. There will be two appearances under one coming: first, to catch away His waiting Bride. Matthew 24:40-44; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; second, to execute judgment upon the ungodly. 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10; Jude 14, 15.
- THE TRIBULATION will occur between Christ's coming for His Bride and His return in judgment. Isaiah 26:20, 21; Revelation 9 and 16.
- CHRIST'S MILLENIAL REIGN is the literal 1000 years of peaceful reign by Jesus on earth. Isaiah 11 and 35.
- THE GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT is the final judgment when all the wicked dead will stand before God. Revelation 20:11-15.
- THE NEW HEAVEN AND THE NEW EARTH will replace the present heaven and earth, which will be destroyed after the Great White Throne judgment. 2 Peter 3:12, 13; Revelation 21:1-3.
- ETERNAL HEAVEN AND ETERNAL HELL are literal places of final destiny, each as eternal as the other. Matthew 25:41-46; Luke 16:22-28.
- MARRIAGE IS FOR LIFE a holy institution that is binding before God, giving neither partner a right to marry again as long as the first companion lives. Mark 10:6-12; Romans 7:1-3.
- RESTITUTION is subsequent to salvation, wherein wrongs against our fellow men are righted in order to have a clear conscience before God and man. Ezekiel 33:15; Matthew 5:23, 24.
- WATER BAPTISM is by one immersion "in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost," as Jesus commanded. Matthew 3:16; 28:19.
- THE LORD'S SUPPER is an institution ordained by Jesus so that we might remember His death until He returns. Matthew 26:26-29; 1 Corinthians 11:23, 26.
- WASHING THE DISCIPLES' FEET is practiced according to the example and commandment Jesus gave. John 13:14, 15