APOSTOLIC FAITH CHURCH WECA HEADQUARTERS, ANTHONY
CONGO CAMP MEETING REPORT
17TH SEPTEMBER - 24TH SEPTEMBER 2023
The Camp Meeting was preceded by weeks of intense prayers throughout the branch Churches in Congo. The prayer was to seek God’s direction, His maximum blessings, and protection throughout the Camp Meeting.
God directed the Country Leader in conjunction with the Management Team to look for a convenient place to hold this year’s camp meeting. God provided a place called Limete Interchange Space (a resort Center) at the heart of Kinshasha, the capital city.
Brethren from branch Churches teamed up to tidy the space allocated to the Church for service and lodging. The managers of the Centre initially demanded for $8000 USD for the one week of the convention, but through prayer, it was negotiated to $4,200 USD, with all facilities (lodging cabins, toilets, bathroom, running water, and light) available. That was the number one Marvel God performed
MINISTERS AND WORKERS’ CONFERENCE
The Minister and Workers’ Conference took place on 15 September 2023 with the Theme: “The Church and Spiritual Qualifications.’’
The participants were reminded that “The true Church of Jesus Christ, sometimes called the “Invisible Church” is made up of individuals whose names have been “written in the Lamb’s Book of Life” (Revelation 21:27). These are people who consistently live pure, exemplary lives in accordance with God’s Word. On Spiritual Qualifications, it was highlighted that saved, sanctified and baptized children of God from different backgrounds, living a consistent life of victory over sin are qualified notwithstanding their educational or professional background. It was emphasized that the most important qualifications are those that will gain the participants’ entrance into Heaven. Moreover, such individuals must remain qualified by continuing to live in obedience to God’s Word daily. Brother Okpo Johnson (DS representative from WECA headquarters) presided over the conference.
It was a period of heart-searching and consecration that resulted into a mighty revival. Ninety (90) workers were in attendance.
The participants were drawn from the whole of Congo, comprising Matadi, Boma, Lubumbashi, Muanda, Lemba, Mbandaka, Masina, Kinbaseke etc. Also in attendance were brethren from WECA headquarters and France, including online audience.
SERMONS AND TEACHING:
The Camp Meeting opened fully on September 17, 2023 with the Theme: “O LORD REVIVE THY WORK”
Brother Leon Guba Pakasa the Country Overseer, took the first Devotional Service. He drew his text from Habakkuk 3:2 and Ephesians 2:1-5. He charged the worshippers to surrender their lives to God as they were present in His “Resuscitation Room.”
Consecrated Ministers of the Gospel gave inspiring sermons and teachings on topics that included; “Building on the Spiritual Foundation”, “A Pure Gospel”, “Overcoming Revival Obstacles” and “The Sanctity of Marriage”. The last Devotional service of the convention was taken by the DS representative from WECA headquarters, Brother Okpo Johnson. He took his text from the book of Isaiah 3:10. He explained how one could become a Righteous person and God’s unfailing promises to the Righteous.
Following the presentation of these messages, seekers trooped to the altar of prayers to seek and receive various blessings upon their lives.
- A sister testified to the power of healing through the Blood of Jesus. Although she had prayed through to the three Christian experiences, she discovered she suffered from a blood clot disease called “Thrombosis”. Doctors said she would neither recover nor live long, but God miraculously healed her and she is alive and singing for God today.
- A brother, who came from the interior of the country, after having received his Christian experiences, was miraculously healed of Hernia during this Convention. He said that Jesus appeared to him where he lodged and asked him to stand up, and as he obeyed, that was the end of the Hernia.
- A sister, after visiting many churches for healing and was tired of false doctrines, came to the camp for the first time. She was saved from her life of sin, and God healed her of that infirmity which she had suffered for years. She said ‘I saw a spring springing up in the camp while praying and I stepped in, that was the end of my infirmity”.
- A new comer, who was saved, took off all the jewelries she wore and the artificial nails without anyone preaching to her.
- A Brother from Lubumbashi, while He was in the Church with his family following the last Sunday sermon of the Camp Meeting online, received a message that Robbers broke into his house and carted away some of his properties. His Pastor advised him not to panic and to follow the program to the end, assuring him that God was in control and has promised that it shall be well with the Righteous. He obeyed. Later on, he received another message that the thieves were caught and all the things they stole were recovered from them. This God is great!
- A Sister, after being pregnant for more than 10 months, asked the Country Leader during the convention to come and pray for her at home. After the prayer, the family was blessed with a handsome boy on the last Sunday of the Convention.
RECORDS OGF BLESSINGS:
Holy Ghost Baptism 11
Other blessings 65
Grandtotal = 236 blessings.
The highest attendance was 1,277 (1,139 adults and 138 children)
OTHER CAMP MEETING ACTIVITIES:
- Musical Concert
A musical concert was held on September 24,2023 at 3pm. 481 people attended. God showered blessings upon all.
On Saturday September 23, 2023, the Department of Welfare made available clothes, shoes, bags and other things for people to pick the one of their choice. It was a time to share with the needy.
On daily basis, selected workers went out for evangelism to targeted locations near the Exchange. There were good responses from those invited including those that came for picnic at the Resort Centre.
The 2023 Camp Meeting in Congo was a miracle from start to finish. God held the rains until the end of the Camp, as this time was a rainy season in Kinshasha.
God provided food until after the camp meeting, much of the stock remained.
We thank all the Pastors for their involvement in the success of this Convention, especially with regard to the presence of the faithful who actively participated in holding this Convention.
We believe through your prayer, we will organize the next Convention in our Campgrounds, at the Faith City. Congo Brethren fully appreciated the various advice provided by WECA Headquarters, and prayed the Lord to bless WECA headquarters and continue to inspire our Leaders. Amen.