Eventually, it became necessary to shorten the length of the summer meetings to seven weeks, but the time element seemed to make little difference in the number of conversions. From the Apostolic Faith paper published at the close of one of the camp meetings, we quote:
"More souls were born into the Kingdom during these seven weeks than ever before in any camp meeting. Whole families, people who were hardened in sin, people from the better walks of society, professed Christians, and even ministers - five of them in all - found salvation at the old tear-stained altars, where hundreds of others wept their hearts out to God."
At the close of every Apostolic Faith service, an appeal is always made to the sinner to come forward to an old-fashioned, tear-stained ‘’mourners' bench’’ and be reconciled to God. The Christian, too, is urged to come and pray, to renew his vows and more fully dedicate himself to the Lord, that he might receive what God has to bestow on him.
In the early days, a "sawdust trail" marked the way to the place of prayer, and the kneeling space around the little pine bench was carpeted with a thick layer of clean straw; and there many spiritually hungry souls communed with the God of Heaven.
The tent-tabernacles were always well filled, the long wooden benches usually crowded to capacity; and on a Sunday night, sometimes there were overflow crowds, estimated at around 200, standing outside. As time passed, larger tabernacles and larger plots had to be secured for the summer meetings.
The yearly task of securing a different location for the camp meetings ended in 1920, when a ten-acre tract, overshadowed with tall evergreen trees, was purchased. On these wooded grounds, located at the corner of S.E. 52nd and Duke Street, was built the present large Tabernacle, which comfortably seats the thousands who attend the annual convention.