In this installment, the Overseer gives historical data concerning past events on the campgrounds and tells of the passing of the founder of this evangelistic work.
The Apostolic Faith campgrounds, when purchased in 1920, was a mere grove of trees with plenty of undergrowth, but today is recognized as one of the city of Portland's beauty spots. As one may well know, the beauty and the conveniences afforded on these grounds did not come into being overnight.
This miniature summer city of over 2000 population, with its large tabernacle, adjoining assembly hall and chapel, its cabins numbering over 600, its cafeteria, numerous facilities, and its expansive flower park, represents years of intensive labor. Crews of volunteer workers at special times besides the steady year-round workers, have been instrumental in making possible one improvement after another.